When is the Best Time to Visit Newport Beach?
Are you looking for a place to get away from the chilly autumn weather? There’s nothing quite like sunbathing on Newport Beach. Forget about the leaves changing color, sweaters, and pumpkin spice lattes. Our beach paradise is ideal for relaxing on the sand, playing in the waves, and exploring the beautiful coastline!
Let’s look at the most sought-after beach activities and the best times to pay a visit to Newport Beach.
Weather Patterns Throughout the Year
We’ll give you a summary of all the seasons so you can plan the very best time of year for your perfect vacation!
- Spring (March through May): This is, without a doubt, the best time to visit Newport Beach! Temperatures range from 40 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit on an average day. The months in late spring are ideal for travel because you will miss not only the severe rain but also the scorching temperatures of summer. The spring season at Newport Beach is jam-packed with events. Despite the fact that Newport Beach is known for sporadic rainy spring days, there are a lot of sunny events to enjoy!
- Summer months (June through August): This is another great time to visit Newport Beach if you’re looking for a warm-weather getaway. The temperature exceeds 72 degrees Fahrenheit, and the air turns a bit humid. The cost of lodging and food rises in tandem with the temperatures. With just an average of one day of precipitation every month, this season has the least amount of precipitation. Because the months of June to August are the busiest for tourists in Newport Beach, accommodations may be more expensive than usual.
- Autumn (September through November): As the temperature drops, the weather becomes more pleasant. In the fall, the areas around Newport are particularly lovely, and you can get a fantastic discount on hotels. Daily highs in the fall range from 85 degrees Fahrenheit (29.4 degrees Celsius) to 72 degrees Fahrenheit (22.2 degrees Celsius), which will feel wonderfully refreshing, given the wind and humidity of summer. It rains or snows on a regular basis during this time, averaging about 2 days a month. Because tourism is not as bubbly during these months due to the weather, hotels may be less expensive.
- Winter (December through February): This time of year, the temperature in Newport Beach is chilly enough to be fun for winter-weather visitors. During this season, the average high temperature is in the 60s, and the lows can dip into the 40s. It precipitates either via snow or rain a small amount on average 3 to 5 times per month. Tourist traffic is slowest at this time of year. With normal temperatures averaging in the 50s, winter at Newport Beach may not be the best time to relax on the beach and soak up a few rays. However, you may still take use of the city’s other attractions, such as museums, art galleries, and nature trails. Best of all, you’ll likely be able to discover lower accommodation rates and won’t need to stand in line at some of the major attractions!
Top Activities in Newport Beach
- Unwind at the beach: Nothing beats resting on the Southern California coast’s beaches, especially when the summer throngs have departed. A number of the best family-themed activities in Newport Beach can be found along our long stretch of sandy shoreline. The weather is usually still warm enough to spend the entire day in the ocean, building sandcastles, surfing, and playing in the waves!
- Take in the sights of Newport Beach: There’s never a terrible time to visit Newport Beach’s excellent food scene, but the absence of tourists in November makes making reservations a breeze! Our Orange County haven is brimming with culinary highlights ranging from informal lunch and brunch eateries to premium dining establishments.
- Go on a Duffy Boat ride: There’s something for everyone here in Newport Beach, whether you enjoy hiking, watersports, swimming or biking. Renting an affordable Duffy and going on an adventurous ride alone or with your loved ones is one of the most exciting activities you can do on Newport Beach, and you don’t need a boating license!
For your visit to Newport Beach, Voyagers Rentals provides the ideal Duffy boat rentals. Our diverse selection of luxurious duffy boats puts you right at the center of affordable enjoyment at Balboa Island.
We’ll help you find the perfect rental for your family and friends and make sure it’s budget friendly. Whether it’s a 12-person Duffy or the smaller 8-person variety, we have just what you need for the best electric boat experience!
Book one of our Duffy Boats today to start planning your trip! We are certain that you will love Newport Beach as much as we do, and we eagerly await your arrival.